ACE and RILEY Crystal Experiment Kit
Chemists perform chemical reactions to change one chemical compound into another.
A Tale Of Two Crystals is an experiment designed to grow two crystals under different thermal conditions and compare and contrast the process and results. Our rapidly growing crystal powder allows our Jr. Chemists to observe and record the hourly changes that occur.
A Tale Of Two Crystals will teach foundational chemistry properties liquid vs solids, transparent, translucent, and opaque, and the role of the soluble vs the solvents (child-friendly terms and instructions are provided for our younger chemists). Additionally, this kit begins to teach children about the scientific method, making guesses, following a procedure, changing the procedure and observing the differences. Worksheets are provided with the kit to facilitate teaching.
The kit includes:
- 2 coloured pouches (each pouch makes one large crystal)
- 6 pipe cleaners (to mold into the shape of your desired crystal and use to suspend your crystal in water)
- 1 pouch to store crystals in once they are formed
- 2 wooden sticks to attach pipe cleaners to
- 1 worksheet to facilitate the experiment and teach foundational scientific properties
Does not include:
- Glass jars to grow crystals - two medium-sized mason jars are recommended
Recommended for ages 4-10, however, between ages 4-8, adult supervision is recommended.