We're all looking for more ways to get outside these days, so we thought what better way than to go out and fly a kite! We created this Kite DIY for your little ones to enjoy featuring our prints and graphics from our Spring / Summer 2021 collection!
Here's what you'll need:
- 8.5 x 11 inch paper
- Wooden skewers
- Twine or string
- Ribbon or yarn
- Crayons, pencil crayons or markers
1. Download the PDF and print our DIY Kite template. Regular 8.5 by 11 inch paper will work fine.
2. First, let your kids colour in the fun designs on the Kite!
3. Lay a wooden skewer across the kite, as shown, and tape it in place.
4. Cut a few strands of ribbon or yarn (we used 5 strands) to the back of the kite, at the bottom.You can experiment with the length; if the kite can’t hold itself up, trim the strands shorter.
5. Tie another strand to the middle of the kite where the wooden skewers connect. This is the string you will hold when flying your kite.